What does effective collaboration look like in Mr. Wilkie's Classroom?
- First we must understand the purpose of the collaborative group.
- What is the goal of the group?
- Each group member needs an individual role or assignment (individual purpose)
- Leader – choose the problem the group is working on, help all group members stay on task, ask meaningful questions
- Scribe – workout the problem on the whiteboard. Make sure you write as clearly as possible
- Teacher – explain the problem in words. Be sure to go over details you think individuals struggle with
- Work together and stay on task
- Expectations for group members
- Actively listen
- Actively participate
- Be patient
- Give individual praise
- Measure what matters based on the goal of the group (check for understanding)